Interested in joining the Latin Grammar family of scholars?
Our school is currently serving students in grades K-3 for the 2017-2018 school year. Fourth grade will be added 2018-19 school year.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications received after 2/15/2018 will automatically be placed on the wait-list. Select The Latin Schools to apply.
In addition, all students applying for Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018 to apply. First graders must be 6 on or before September 1, 2018.
Currently enrolled students are not required to enter the lottery, as long as they do not withdraw they keep their seat until they graduate.
Siblings of currently enrolled students, and children of employees are given preference.
If the number of applicants, who completed an application through lotterease during open enrollment, exceeds available seats a lottery will be held.
If the number of applicants does not exceed the available seats all applicants that are Fulton County School residents will be offered a seat.
If there is a wait list for a grade, wait list numbers will be generated by the lotterease lottery system. Anyone applying after the lottery will be placed on the wait list, after the lottery applicants, by date and time of application.
PLEASE NOTE: WAIT LISTS ARE NOT CARRIED OVER FROM YEAR TO YEAR. YOU MUST RE-APPLY EVERY YEAR IF NOT ACCEPTED.
The Lottery date has not been verified but the lottery will be open to the public and attendance is not required.
Seat offers are sent via email and and are time sensitive so please keep your email up to date and check it and your spam inbox often for an email from an official with Latin Grammar School.
Required Documentation for Registration Upon Acceptance:
- Ear, Eye and Dental Screening on a GA FORM 3300 (Obtain from your physician, your dentist completes the dental portion)
- Immunization Certificate on a GA FORM 3231 (Obtain this document from your physician)
- Certified Original Birth Certificate (No copies)
- Students Original Social Security Card (No copies)
- Social security numbers card must be presented to list on any enrollment documents. If you elect not to use the card waivers are available in local schools.
Residency Verification (Must Reside in the Fulton County School District)
Per Board Policy JBC, "School Admissions," persons enrolling a student shall submit two documents as proofs of residency in the parent/guardian(s) name from the school’s system's approved list of verifiable residency documents:
If your address on your ID matches your current month Electric, Water or Gas bill that will suffice. If your address on your ID does not match your current month Electric, Water or Gas bill, you will need your ID, one of the approved utility bills from list 1 and one item from list 2 as shown below.
1st from the approved utility list as shown here: (No cable or telephone bills)
- Current Month Electric
- Current Month Water
- Current Month Gas bill
2nd from the approved list below:
- Lease, Deed, Home Mortgage Bill, Section 8/HUD Document
- Home Sales Contract
- Current Month Bank Statement with matching address
- Current Paycheck with matching address
- Current HOA bill with matching address
NOTE: If proof of residency is not in the parent/guardian(s) name and you live with someone that person must come with you to register your child with the above mentioned approved proofs of residency and their ID.
- Most Recent Report Card or Withdrawal Form from previous school and/or transcripts. These are essential for proper placement of students.
- Parent(s) Government Issued Photo ID acceptable forms: Current State Driver’s license, Current US Passport, State ID Card or Federal/State Work ID.
tour/information sessions for prospective students
Please stay tuned for tour dates and times.
2017-2018 Enrollment lottery Results
To view results of the lottery for acceptance into LGS for 2017-2018, please click here.